Interactive Story Map Activity:
The Tale of the Tweeting Galah
Created By: Kim Maslin, Digital Technologies Educator
Date Published: 4 June 2018
This free teaching resource gives students an opportunity to reconstruct ”The Tale of the Tweeting Galah” using Ozobots (or another similar robotic device). Students begin by reading the story as a class, before cutting & gluing each part of the story to their story map. They then code their Ozobot to move through the story map. The project culminates in students video recording their Ozobot in action.
There are three story maps included, differentiated for different age groups/skill levels. Each level also includes an extension activity for stronger students.
- Re-tell a narrative story
- Identify structure of narrative story
- Discuss strategies for dealing with cyberbullying & photo permission
- Apply understanding of coding using Ozobot (or similar robotic device
- Literacy > Narratives
- Digital Technologies > Coding/Algorithms
- Digital Technologies > Cybersafety
- ICT Capability > Cybersafety
You will need:
- At least one copy of “The Tweeting Galah”
- At least one Ozobot (or similar robotic device)
Submit your lessons
Do you have your own "The Tweeting Galah" lessons or activities? I would love to see and share them!
If your lesson is chosen to be added to "The Tweeting Galah" Lesson Library, you will receive a FREE copy of "The Tweeting Galah"!