Being a pre-teen in the 21st century isn’t always easy!
Learn from the experiences of cheeky Gabbo, the Galah from Esperance Western Australia, and his friends as they navigate their way through the world of social networking, online gaming and digital devices.
The animals’ stories and lessons are brought to life using innovative augmented reality technology. Watch characters introduce themselves; engage in interactive learning activities and even communicate directly with Gabbo – all from your own smart device!
The perfect grab & go resource for teaching cybersafety to children aged 7 – 12 years.
- 48 pages
- Vibrant water-colour illustrations by John Field
- Four short stories covering four key cybersafety issues:
- Posting inappropriate content
- Online stranger danger
- Too much screen time
- Six reflection questions following each story (based on Bloom’s Taxonomy)
- Zappar augmented reality for an enhanced learning experience:
- DIY Family Digital Device Contract activity
- Guess the App game
- Cybersafety Scenarios
- Cybersafety Quiz
- Submit your DIY Family Digital Device Contract to Gabbo and he’ll return it with his seal of approval!
- Australian created & printed