In this special cybersafety episode, I begin by sharing with you “The Strange Story of the Singing Clownfish,” one of the four short stories included in my recently published children’s book, “The Tweeting Galah.” Following on from this story, I discuss how cybersafety fits into the Australian curriculum, as well as tips and resources to help you teach this content as effectively as possible (and with the least impact on your time!)
To find out more about the resources outlined in the episode please select from the following list:
- Common Sense Media Digital Citizenship Scope & Sequence
- “The Strange Story of the Singing Clownfish” comes from my recently published book, “The Tweeting Galah”
- Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner
- Digital Technologies Hub
Cybersafety Lesson Ideas
A few ideas & inspiration!
Join the ICT Teaching & Learning Community Australia Facebook Group
Learn more about integrating technology into the classroom:
- Discuss topics from the “Learn Digital with Kim Maslin” podcast
- Get all your ICT-related questions answered
- Access to ICT lesson plans & ideas
- Improve your ICT skills & knowledge with access to ICT resources & tutorials
- Be part of a supportive community of teachers
If you’re an Australian teacher, click here to join.